The Innovation Awards are back for another round!
Within the framework of this conference EASPD is hosting the 2024 iteration of its Innovation Awards. This edition will award practices in the field of Mental Health and Psychosocial Disability Support.
EASPD is looking for practices that support individuals with mental health conditions and psychosocial disabilities to have equal opportunities to live independently and participate in the community including gaining employment and having access to education and training, etc.
To be eligible, the practice submitted needs to be an 'innovative practice.' To be considered an innovative practice, the practice must be:
- Innovative: in the sense that it proposes something that has not been done before or has not been done in this context;
- Human rights-based: in the sense that it promotes a shift from a medical to a human rights-based approach to disability. The focus is on the person - supporting the moral agency and legal capacity of the person - and not on impairments;
- Effective: in the sense that it is demonstrably impactful.
Who can apply?
All types of support services can apply, be they education, employment, care or support services, etc. as long as the eligible criteria mentioned - both those for innovative practices and those related to the theme - are met.
How to apply?
We warmly invite you to apply and share your promising practices with us. To do so, please complete the following form. It will take you approximatively 30 minutes.
When to apply?
The deadline for applications is 5th March 2024.
- Applications can be submitted until 5th March 2024.
- All submissions will be evaluated in a multi-step process involving peer review and voting.
- A jury will be appointed and will include experts, DPO representatives, members and academics specialising in the topic.
- The jury will assess the proposals against the eligibility criteria (mentioned above) and, on the basis of an evaluation grid, will score each criterion of each practice on a scale of 1 to 5.
- The 5 proposals which have received the higher percentage between most of the evaluators will be selected to be featured in the conference.
- Please note that a geographical balance will also be considered, once EASPD has received the rating of the jury.
What is the prize?
The 5 winners will receive an award during the Conference as well as one travel grant of up to €600 and a conference fee waiver for participating to 2024 EASPD Slovakia Conference on 'Guaranteeing Choice & Control: Transforming Mental Health and Psychosocial Disability Support'. Winners will have the opportunity to present their work at a workshop and stand during the conference to promote their organisation and practice. They will be promoted on all EASPD communication channels.